Created to Be Me®/ Eighters Camp: In summer 2009, we offered the first Created to Be Me Camp® to be held in the Mid-Atlantic region. Created to be Me® (a.k.a.Eighters Camp) is a week-long biblical-based camp for eighth graders going into ninth, that focuses on healthy living, dating, relationships and more, as the teens face the important transition into high school. We are co-sponsoring the camp again in 2013 from July 28th to August 3rd.
We are very passionate about this program because many of our teenagers today find it difficult to cope with the changes that are occurring within them, and the world around them. Teaching and discussing this topic in a loving and fun camp environment, coupled with the usual camp activities like music, art, campfires, games and swimming, is a great opportunity — one we think every 9th grader should experience!
Created to Be Me is…
- A faith-based, co-educational camp for students who will be entering the 9th grade in the fall of 2013.
- A program that focuses on healthy living, dating, relationships, and more.
- Held at Camp Mary Mac in Sharpsburg, Maryland.
- An all-inclusive overnight from Sunday through Saturday (6 nights).
- An experience that includes swimming, volleyball, music, art, campfires and other great camping activities.
$185 covers the cost for the entire week – reduced rates and scholarships are available.
Note: All camp staff have background checks.
Questions? Just call (301-671-3000) or email us!
Want to help support the camp? Come to the Silent Auction on May 11 – it’s always a good time! Proceeds will be used to purchase supplies, provide financial assistance to campers and otherwise help the camp continue to be a success.
Watch and listen as Camp Director Lara Shepherd explains the importance of Created to Be Me® and why she made the commitment to get involved.