The mission of Teens Have Choices is to reduce teen pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections by empowering youth to make healthy choices.
- We believe that sex in adolescence has serious consequences and abstinence is the best choice for teens.
- We believe education and knowledge are essential for teens to make healthy decisions.
- We believe that adolescent pregnancy and parenting present substantial, long-term challenges for adolescents, their children, families and communities.
- We believe that sexual issues and values are best addressed at home and that quality community resources are an absolute necessity to help families fill this role.
- We believe male and female partners are equally responsible for preventing early pregnancy.
- We believe there is more than one approach to addressing the issue of reducing teen pregnancy in Washington County and through collaboration and by embracing our diversity, we will make a difference.
- We believe successful adults are confident, competent, productive, independent, happy, self-sufficient, healthy, knowledgeable, responsible and thoughtful.
Washington County youth will make healthy choices and will become successful adults positively influencing future generations.